This is an evidence-based Fall Prevention and Balance training program. Research has shown participation of 75% or better in this program can
- Reduce risk of multiple falls by 58% in older adults
- Reduce risk of falls by 67% in people with Parkinson’s
- Improve muscle strength, balance, flexibility, limits of stability, mobility, and reflexes
- Improve memory, breathing, cognition, mindfulness, and body awareness
Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® and mobility is the top-rated Falls Prevention program in the nation, endorsed by Center for Disease Control, National Council on Aging, Washington State Dept. of Health, and many other agencies.
How important is it to you not NOT FALL when you age? Imagine being able to catch yourself when you trip; feeling confident and steady on your feet; navigating crowds and uneven terrain! This class can help you do that.
Level 1: Open Enrollment for next Foundation 1A session begins April 12, 2019; session runs 05/01/2019 through 06/07/2019. 12 classes, $120.
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 10:30 am – 11:30 am at Friday Harbor Dance Studio, 15 Second Street N, ground floor of the Masonic Lodge Building.
Level 2: Open Enrollment for next Foundation 1B session begins May 22; The session runs 06/14/2019 through 07/24/2019. 12 classes, $120.
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 10:30am – 11:30 am at Friday Harbor Dance Studio, 15 Second Street N, ground floor of the Masonic Lodge Building. (Completion of Foundation 1A required)
“I’ve had two instances of saves due to your class that would have been significant falls. One today and one last Thursday. These are that I know of. Thank you. ” ~ D. I.
- Advanced A current class has ended. Next session to be determined. (Completion of Foundation 1B required)
- Advanced B current class has ended. Next session to be determined. (Completion of Advanced A required)
NOTES On All Classes:
- Mullis Senior Center offers a discount coupon for classes held at the Mullis Community Center. Please check your newsletter for the code to input before registering. This coupon is good ONLY for the Mullis Senior Center class.
- Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance is designed as a 48-class session series. Foundation 1A & 1B meet twice a week. Future Advanced levels 3 and 4 may run once or twice a week, depending on need.
- Optional assessment testing is available at the beginning of the series, to establish a baseline, and at the end of the series to measure the wonderful results you’ve attained. Please make private arrangements with me.
- The more classes you attend, the better your results will be. Each quarter is for two classes per week. But if you would like to attend more, you are welcome to drop in at either location; simply bring an additional $8 per session. This rate is for currently enrolled students only.
- If you miss a session in the group that you registered for, you may join me at one of the other classes that is a lower level than the one in which you are currently enrolled. You may not go into a class at a higher level.
- You will be asked to complete a brief questionnaire when you register, to ensure that the class is suitable for you.
- If you have already completed a Foundation class and would like drop in on a current Foundation class as a ‘refresher,’ you are welcome to do so at a drop-in rate of $17 per class.
Feel free to call me at 360.317.1448 if you have any questions.
Please read my refund policy here.