This is an evidence-based Fall Prevention and Balance training program. Research has shown participation of 75% or better in this program can
- Reduce risk of multiple falls by 58% in older adults
- Reduce risk of falls by 67% in people with Parkinson’s
- Improve muscle strength, balance, flexibility, limits of stability, mobility, and reflexes
- Improve memory, breathing, cognition, mindfulness, and body awareness
Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® and mobility is the top-rated Falls Prevention program in the nation, endorsed by Center for Disease Control, National Council on Aging, Washington State Dept. of Health, and many other agencies.
How important is it to you not NOT FALL when you age? Imagine being able to catch yourself when you trip; feeling confident and steady on your feet; navigating crowds and uneven terrain! This class can help you do that.
Level 1: Open Enrollment for next Level 1 session runs 12/16/2018 through 03/01/2019
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:00pm – 2:00 pm at Mullis Senior Center on Nash Street beginning January 16, 2019; $95 for 14 sessions. Click here to register. (minimum 6 students required to run class.) Note: Mullis Senior Center is offering a discount coupon for this class. Please check your newsletter for the code to input before registering. This coupon is good ONLY for the Mullis Senior Center class.
- Not sure if this is for you? Attend the FREE Introductory class at Mullis Senior Center, Friday, January 11, 2019, 1:00 pm.
Level 2: Open Enrollment for next Level 2 session runs 12/15/2018 through 1/31/2019. Sessions begin 01/08/2019.
- Tuesdays and Fridays, 10:30am – 11:30 am at Dance Workshop 2, corner of Second and Park. Click here to register. (completion of Level 1 required)
Levels 3 & 4: Enrollment dates to be determined
NOTE: This is a 48-class session series, broken into 4 levels, plus 4 sessions for assessment testing. There are two assessments sessions at the beginning of the series, to establish a baseline; two sessions at the end of the series to measure the wonderful results you’ve attained.
The more classes you attend, the better your results will be. Each quarter is for two classes per week. But if you would like to attend more, you are welcome to drop in at either location; simply bring an addition $8 per session. If you miss a session in the group that you registered for, you may join me at one of the other classes.
Feel free to call me at 360.317.1448 if you have any questions.