This is an evidence-based Fall Prevention and Balance training program. Research has shown participation of 75% or better in this program can
- Reduce risk of multiple falls by 58% in older adults
- Reduce risk of falls by 67% in people with Parkinson’s
- Improve muscle strength, balance, flexibility, limits of stability, mobility, and reflexes
- Improve memory, breathing, cognition, mindfulness, and body awareness
Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® and mobility is the top-rated Falls Prevention program in the nation, endorsed by Center for Disease Control, National Council on Aging, Washington State Dept. of Health, and many other agencies.
How important is it to you not NOT FALL when you age? Imagine being able to catch yourself when you trip; feeling confident and steady on your feet; navigating crowds and uneven terrain! This class can help you do that.
Level 1: Open Enrollment for next Level 1A session begins Spring 2019
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:00pm – 2:00 pm at Mullis Senior Center on Nash Street. (minimum 6 students required to run class.)
Level 2: Open Enrollment for next Level 1B session runs 03/22/2019 through 1/31/2019. 12 classes, $120.
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm at Mullis Senior Center. Register in person. (completion of Level 1A required)
- Current class running through 5/31/19, Tuesdays and Fridays 10:30 am-11:30 am. (completion of Level 1B required)
- Mullis Senior Center offers a discount coupon for these classes. Please check your newsletter for the code to input before registering. This coupon is good ONLY for the Mullis Senior Center class.
- Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance is designed as a 48-class session series. Level 1A & B meet twice a week. Future advanced level will run once a week.
- Optional assessment testing is available at the beginning of the series, to establish a baseline, and at the end of the series to measure the wonderful results you’ve attained. Please make private arrangements with me.
- The more classes you attend, the better your results will be. Each quarter is for two classes per week. But if you would like to attend more, you are welcome to drop in at either location; simply bring an addition $8 per session. If you miss a session in the group that you registered for, you may join me at one of the other classes.
- You will be asked to complete a brief questionnaire when you register, to
Feel free to call me at 360.317.1448 if you have any questions.
Please read my refund policy here.