Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance®
This is an evidence-based Fall Prevention and Balance training program. Research has shown participation of 75% or better in this program can
- Reduce risk of multiple falls by 55% in older adults
- Reduce risk of falls by 67% in people with Parkinson’s
- Improve muscle strength, balance, flexibility and mobility
- Improve memory, breathing, cognition, mindfulness, and body awareness
Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® and mobility is the top-rated Falls Prevention program in the nation, endorsed by Center for Disease Control, National Council on Aging, Washington State Dept. of Health, and many other agencies.
Imagine no longer being afraid of falling! Imagine feeling confident and steady on your feet, walking normally, navigating crowds and uneven terrain! This class can help you do that.
I’m offering two different times for your convenience:
Note: As of Oct 2, online registration is closed but you can still register in person. Just show up for the class of your choice a little bit early, bring a check, and you can fill out the needed paperwork. Be sure to wear flat shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Tuesdays and Fridays, 10:30am – 11:30 am at Dance Workshop 2, corner of Second and Park. Click here to register for this class. (minimum 6 students required to run class)
- Thursdays and Fridays, 9:00am – 10:00 am at Mullis Senior Center on Nash Street. Click here to register for this class. (minimum 6 students required to run class) Note: Mullis Senior Center is offering a discount coupon for this class. Please check your newsletter for the code to input before registering. This coupon is good ONLY for the Mullis Senior Center class.
This is a 48-class session series, broken into 4 parts plus 4 sessions for assessment testing. Two sessions at the beginning of the series, to establish a baseline; two sessions at the end of the series to measure the wonderful results you’ve attained. The cost for this first quarter is $95 for 14 sessions.
The more classes you attend, the better your results will be. Each quarter is for two classes per week. But if you would like to attend more, you are welcome to drop in at either location; simply bring an addition $8 per session. If you miss a session in the group that you registered for, you may join me at one of the other classes.
Feel free to call me at 360.317.1448 if you have any questions.